You know that “what got you here, won’t get you there.”
For new leaders your challenge is no longer in the niche where you’ve been so successful. You will be leading people who have different expertise to you and you can’t rely on your expert credibility.
As a leader you must:
Establish your credibility and identity as a leader
Voice your vision, purpose and values
Build collective commitment and empower your team
Build strategic alliances, one authentic relationship at a time
Align your own values and ambitions with your organisation
Maintain energy and focus in face of many competing demands
Learn from setbacks and challenges and keep perspective about what really matters
Meet the Coaches
WORKING WITH KATE
Kate is a relational coach who creates an affirming coaching relationship that enables clients to see themselves and hear their own inner voice. This helps new and emerging leaders to develop the confidence to lead in their own style and to be gently challenged about where their blind spots might be. Clients say that they quickly feel safe to relax and explore their challenges, often voicing thoughts aloud for the first time. Kate’s style is naturally solutions-focused and helps clients to focus on what they want to achieve. Kate is compassionate, intuitive and energising and uses a wide variety of methods to help clients get to the heart of the matters they bring to coaching. Clients find the work restorative and enlightening and say it helps them make changes that inform their leadership practice for good.
Kate believes that coaching programmes are most effective when sponsors are involved with shaping development goals with the coachee. Coaching sessions are completely confidential. Sponsors are invited to take part in set-up and review meetings so that the coaching programme aligns with organisational expectations.
In 2002, at the age of 25, Kate was identified as an emerging leader by the University of Bristol and selected for a prestigious national programme for future leaders. She rose quickly through the organisation and five years later established her own successful consultancy. As Director of Bud Development, Kate has ten years’ experience directing national and regional leadership programmes and coaching teams and individuals. Kate is an accredited executive coach and a member of the Academy for Executive Coaching, the International Coach Federation and the Association for Coaching.
After six sessions working with Kate I felt that a weight had lifted…the sessions helped me to contextualise and eliminate the “historical noise” that had shrouded, and at times paralysed, my ability to move forward. I cannot over emphasise how life affirming, and life changing this experience has been. Highly recommended.
- Ten years’ experience directing leadership development for senior academics and future leaders for universities across the UK
- Four years’ experience as a Programme Director and Key Associate for the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education
- Team facilitation for collaborators in healthcare and education to build common purpose, shared language and authentic community
- Fourteen years’ experience using MBTI with individuals and teams
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Executive Coach, accredited by the Academy for Executive Coaching
- Member of the Association for Coaching
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education from University of Cambridge
- MBTI accreditation from Oxford Psychologists Press
- Certified Equine Facilitated Learning Instructor from EponaQuest
- Continuing CPD with the International Coach Federation
After six sessions, I am so much clearer about what I want, believe it’s attainable and even have a plan for achievement, which for someone with my personality preference, is no mean feat! I found working with Kate to be liberating. It felt like having an oasis to retreat to, amidst a storm! I was able to hear ‘the unsaid’ in myself, and unravel internal conflict. I felt understood, challenged and supported all at once.
WORKING WITH Hilary
Hilary is a skilful, agile coach with an action-oriented, pragmatic approach. Clients say they find Hilary’s approach refreshingly clear and focused. Working in this way enables people to gain the clarity they need to solve problems, make decisions and commit to action.
Hilary’s coaching is especially well suited to leaders, professionals and academics looking to:
Navigate and lead change
Drive simplicity in a world of complexity
Build alignment in teams
Lead and manage change initiatives
Influences include Psychology of Change, Clean Coaching and Solution-Focused Coaching.
By helping me through all the complicated thoughts and blocks which were holding me back I had an amazing breakthrough and am now the most fulfilled I’ve been career wise in over a decade.
Hilary’s instinctive and friendly coaching has really changed my life and I will be forever grateful for her helping me to become unstuck and finally move forward. I would recommend her coaching to anyone looking to make some positive changes.
- 12 years’ experience as a senior leader within rapidly changing organisations, leading projects and teams to deliver highly impactful organisational change and development initiatives.
- Extensive experience working with Executive and Senior leadership teams to increase their effectiveness by building alignment, and establishing the right mindsets, competencies, and practices to enable them to successfully deliver their strategy and change agenda.
- Leading large scale organisational design and cultural change programmes across a range of public and private sector clients.
- Executive coaching for a range of clients across sectors including media, public services, charities and professional services
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- MA in Personnel and Development from the University of Westminster
- BA in Psychology and English from the University of Liverpool.
- MBTI and TKI accredited
- Qualified and accredited Executive Coach (Academy for Executive Coaching)
- NLP qualified
- Certified Prince 2 Practitioner
How does it work?
Typically, our coaching programmes comprise six sessions between coach and coachee as well as set-up, mid-point and wrap-up meetings to establish, re-visit and review your programme goals. We connect via video-call or telephone so there are no geographical limitations to working with us.
We start our work with coachees by clarifying the success they want to achieve and discovering what is getting in the way. Then together we find the focus, strategies, and inner-resources needed to succeed.
How do we get started?
To get started please book a discovery call with Kate to explore how our coaching programmes can support you or your client.
What is included?
We will decide together how many coaching sessions to include. Typically this is a programme of six 75-minute coaching sessions via Zoom, plus set-up, mid-point and wrap-up meetings to establish, re-visit and review the programme goals. We include resources for clients to self-assess their collaboration and leadership strengths.
Who is this for?
Expert professionals who want to become great leaders. Typically coachees will have established credibility in their area of expertise and have now stepped into a different leadership role where they facing new challenges.
What is the investment?
We work across the public, private and third sectors so operate a sliding fee scale. Please contact us for more information and a quotation.